Wednesday 24 June 2009

Day 22 Horta Marina






Wednesday dawned but I didn’t see it, in fact because of the Capirinas (and a few beers) the first thing I saw was Jim telling me it was nearly the afternoon and that he needed my help with emails to get his flights changed. Jim has decided to move his flight to the 6th and my first concern was that this was tight if we had any weather delays. A cup of coffee and internet access in Peter’s yielded the information that bad weather was expected to cross our path but a window was open to leave on Friday (not before) that should get us into Gibraltar in perhaps 8 days, the winds being first strong, then very light. This leaves 2 days spare so although still tight Jim decided to make his changes and with the help of my tablet PC on which you can write and sign things this was accomplished. Using some paints I bought yesterday Louise (with assistance from Justin) painted a superb Hakuna Matata logo on the dock next to the boat with me as Pumba (wearing sunglasses) and the others as Timones (Pictures of this and Horta on the blog site tomorrow www.horsemanhakunamatata.blogspot.com ). I’ve had done a few boat jobs, Jim had a walk and Louise and Justin have gone off for a hike - a lazy, easy day which is probably what we all needed ready for the next leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment